Adult Self-Directed Cognitive Life Skills Program
The LA Resurrection Center is now an affiliate member of ACCI. Since 1975, ACCI has been leading the way in developing unique and effective programs that successfully address key risk factors and lower recidivism rates. We have several program options to choose from within our life skills curriculum.
This is a low cost and least intrusive program option that has been proven to reduce recidivism rates and has the most research and evidence supporting its success. This option removes common barriers for non participation in programming and puts the responsibility on the individual to complete a course. We have each participant complete the course with a pro-social coach from within their immediate circle of influence. In many cases, putting certain types of offenders together in groups violates the key criminogenic risk factor of pro-criminal associates. This program has been accepted to be listed in the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices. Choose from 17 course topics, 5 of which have been translated into Spanish.
How We Assist You
Since we first started working with court referred clients we have continuously evolved and integrated the latest research while retraining our potent cognitive restructuring style of curriculum development. The following are some of ACCI’s propriety techniques and strategies that are infused into all of our courses:
- Our content doesn’t play the shame game. We do not believe in belittling people, rather, our focus is on empowerment and self discovery.
- Our curriculum’s first and most important objective is to challenge self defeating thoughts and behaviors.
- We use vicarious stories to dis arm our participants objections to what they are learning.
- We carefully use You statements. We have mastered the art of using third person references as a way to help our participants to see their life is a new way.
- Our material is working simultaneously in the Cognitive Domain to challenge thinking errors and the Affective Domain to build empathy, self confidence and empowerment.
- The philosophy that drives our content creation is that the subconscious mind doesn’t know right from wrong and that there are 3 main ways to get information into the subconscious mind. 1. Repetition 2.Trauma 3. Emotion.
- All of our self-directed learning courses are designed to be completed with a pro-social “coach” or mentor. Its all about relationships! Participants sink deeper into our content while in the presence of a person of trust. The conversations between the participant and informal coach lead to informal accountability, great comprehension, personal conversations, role playing and great application of new cognitive thinking skills.
- Responsive content -> the curriculum validates peoples efforts and issues and regards as a person with tremendous potential.
- No labels. We are careful to use any type of labels in our material. Nor do we employ manipulative or punitive methods to motivate participants.
- No ulterior Agenda’s ACCI content has no agenda for race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political preference. We have a single focus of helping people face and over come their self-defeating thoughts and behaviors.
- Facilitation versus telling. Our content asks more questions and facilitates responses as opposed to simply telling the participant what to do.
- Teaching doesn’t equal learning. Self-directed learning always leads to greater retention and application.
Self Directed Adult Curriculum
eLearning – Online Curriculum
Contact us here for more information:
Pastor James & Amy Smothers
Founder & Director